Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Surrealistic Artist Inspiration
Artist Name: Kevin Corrado
Title:Lost Date of Work: March 16,2012
Description: I think the background blends nicely with the colorful leaves and the lines of everything are done perfectly so you can not tell what the artist did or where they edited it.
Analysis:The art is designed to make it look like half of the boy's body is coming out of the mirror at a time.
Interpretation: I think it means that he is trying to escape but is lost in the process.
Judgement: I think it's a really cool picture. I love how the boy looks completely chopped in half. He looks like he's trying to drag himself to a new word or something, it's awesome.
Artist Name: Rafal Oblinkski
Title: Mermaid Cafe Date: unknown
Description: The transparent body blends nice witht the line and waves from the ocean
Analysis: It seems like the mermaid comes out at night when the boats are out under the moon.
Interpretation: I think the picture is saying that the mermaid is seen at night under the moon.
Judgement: I think it's a great painting because of the way it looks like the night sky with in the mermaids body yet the normal blue ocean with clouds blends in the background.
I think these pictures look completely different but are similar in a way. They are both symbolzing a lost soul. The boy is lost and is trying to escape to somewhere in the first picture and in the second picture the mermaid is lost by being out in the day time but you can see she is wishing it was night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment